We invite you to remember Hope Ministries in your prayers.
We welcome your prayers for the following:
- Please bless the long-awaited opening of ENCORE Thrift Store, on Wednesday, May 1. Thank you for the opportunity to expand our thrift ministries by the vastly increased store size and centralized location. Thank You Lord that the overwhelming generosity of our donors and volunteers has made our thrift ministry a great blessing to those we serve.
- Lord, we pray for strength, courage and discernment for the men, women and children in Journey of Hope long-term recovery program, for the wisdom for the staff who carefully guides them in Your ways, and for the volunteers who model the life the You would have us to lead. May Your love flow abundantly to them and through them.
- Lord, soften the hearts the men who experience in Journey of Hope, the long-term recovery program and life skills classes at our Door of Faith ministry center as they are provided the tools for lasting change in their lives and the greatest heart change, acceptance of Jesus Christ as savior and king.
And praise God for:
- Praise You, Father, for the amazing gift we’ve received in order to provide a security system for the homeless women and children at Hope Family Center. You are meeting their physical, spiritual and emotional needs daily by the guidance they receive while they are with us. We pray that they will be able to rest assured in Your loving protection .
- We thank You, Lord that hundreds of broken and hurting homeless men have sought out our Bethel Mission as a temporary refuge, but have discovered a clean and safe place to stay, hot and nutritious meals, and have been shown Your love through Bible studies, individual case management and Christian counseling.
- For the thousands of volunteers who come forth every year to help with every need of our ministry, from child care to meal serving, landscaping, painting, transportation and so much more. We would never be able to accomplish all that God has called us to do without His calling on your lives as well.
Hope Prayer Team
Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.
• Introducing Hope Prayer Team
• Prayer Team Membership Form
• Pause for Hope Prayer
• Remember us in prayer when we are in prayer
• Daily Ongoing Prayer Needs at Hope Ministries
• God’s Word and Prayer
• Submit Your Prayer Requests
Introducing Hope Prayer Team
Prayer is one way we fulfill our core value that states: We honor God by trusting and obeying Him. Bringing the message of hope and healing to the homeless is not an easy task. For that reason, we believe prayer is the single most important daily discipline at Hope Ministries. We rely heavily upon God’s guidance and blessing, and we invite you to “Pause for Hope” daily.
We invite you to become a member of our Hope Prayer Team as (together) we daily dedicate and surrender this Ministry to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. As a member of Hope Prayer Team, you will become part of a group of Christians who commit to make every effort to pray daily for our board, staff, volunteers, donors, guests, residents and other we serve.
To become a member of Hope Prayer Team, please complete and submit the registration by clicking here. You will receive a special membership bookmark with our theme prayer titled “Pause for Hope” and periodic communication about prayer needs and praises through our Hope’s Helper E-bulletin which you will receive monthly. You can return to this web site page for the most current prayer requests and praises.
We encourage you to keep your membership bookmark in a place that will remind you to “Pause for Hope” daily for Hope Ministries.
Hope Prayer Team Membership Form
* All fields are required.
Pause For Hope
I pause to pray for Hope today, for the homeless and the poor.
I pause to pray for hungry souls, who come knocking at Hope's door.
I pause to dedicate the work of staff and volunteers.
I pause to ask Your blessing Lord, as You have down through the years.
I pause to pray because I know, You're present when we fall.
I pause to glorify Your name, for the hope You give to all. Amen.
Remember Us in Prayer When We Are in Prayer
We encourage you to remember Hope Ministries in prayer during any of our following group prayer and chapel meetings:
||Devotions at our Door of Faith facility - M-F
||Devotions at our Bethel Mission facility – M-F
||Daily Staff Prayer Meeting – Administrative Office – M-F
||Weekly STEP Send-off ceremony at our Bethel Mission – Tuesdays
||Chapel at Door of Faith – T & Th, Sunday at 1:30 p.m.
||Chapel at Bethel Mission – M-F and Sunday at 6:00 p.m.
Daily Ongoing Prayer Needs
We thank you for remembering daily ongoing needs at Hope Ministries by praying this prayer:
Father in Heaven, I lift in prayer Hope Ministries this day. Specifically, I pray for:
- The board of directors, leadership team, staff, volunteers and donors. I pray Your hand will guide and bless our collective efforts to bring hope and healing to those who are hungry, homeless and hurting.
- All of the men, women and children who are receiving shelter at Hope Ministries today, that they will come to know You through the care and counseling they receive.
- Those who come from the general community to receive a meal at Hope Café or clothing at Hope Bargain Center, that they will feel affirmed and validated by the staff and volunteers.
- Those at the Door of Faith and at Hope Family Center in recovery programs, that they may be granted courage, self-confidence and inner peace.
- I pray this day Your spirit will move mightily through Hope Ministries and bring hope and comfort to the lost, the lonely and broken as only You can do.
I dedicate and surrender Hope Ministries to you today. I pray this in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.
God's Word And Prayer
We are ALL one body, we have the same Spirit, and we have all been called to the same glorious future!
I Corinthians 12:26
When one member suffers all suffer together. When one member’s honored, together rejoice.
urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone
Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven.
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.
Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel,
"It is written," he said to them, 'My house will be a house of prayer'[a];
They all joined together constantly in prayer, along with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers.
The angel answered, "Your prayers and gifts to the poor have come up as a memorial offering before God.”
Submit Your Prayer Requests
Our ministry reaches beyond our shelter and recovery residents. Our staff lifts up in prayer the needs of our volunteers, donors, other rescue missions, friends and their families as well. We encourage you to submit your prayer requests by completing the form below. Our staff will include your request in our daily morning prayer meetings.